4 Patch Variation unfinished block 12 ½” x 12 ½”
Focus Fabric: 1338 Sew Simple Cotton Reel Scatter from The Henley Studio
Purchased at Material Girls
Please turn in at the November 10th Business Meeting
1. Using a ruler and a pencil, draw a diagonal line on the wrong side of four Color 3 squares.
2. Cut the Color 3 squares along the diagonal line to create into 8 – 3 ½ inch triangles.
3. With right sides together, layer a Color 2 (orange or green square) on left and right of the square with a Color 3 black triangle. Sew. Press the seam toward black triangles.
4. With right sides together sew the top and bottom black triangles to the orange square. Press seam toward black triangles. Make 2. Square to 6 ½ inches.
5. Sew the fabric 1 square to the orange and black square for row 1.
6. Sew the black square to the fabric 1 square. Use the picture as shown and assemble the block. Press seams to the blue fabric 1 square.
Write your name on the seam allowance with a permanent fabric pen.
The winners from the September Block of the Month are Becky Trice, she won 8 blocks and Jessica Lane she won 9.